Curly hairs are in a class of their own, as curls are always beautiful to see in their varying twists and coils. However, maintaining curly hairs can be challenging as the curls might not bounce properly or frizz. They can also be hard to maintain during winter as the weather becomes dry and cold.
Suppose you are looking to straighten your hair permanently, whether you are a newbie at keeping curly hairs or an expert at it, with the right straightening products or equipment. In that case, you can achieve your transition journey without damaging your hair. Below are a few hacks for straightened hair:
Straightening hair with a flat iron
Using a straightening iron to straighten your curly hair is safe if done with the right temperature and a good hair straightener. Ensure you get a good straight hair flat iron method to adjust its temperature and avoid damage to your hair. Before straightening your hair, ensure you:
- Wash your hair with a good anti-frizz or smoothing shampoo and conditioner to eliminate dirt or dandruff. While washing your hair with shampoo, start with the tip of your hair. Use a wide-tooth comb and gently run it through your hair to safely detangle curls.
- Use your conditioner and keep it in for at least twenty minutes. Rinse out and gently towel dry your hair.
- Use any heat-protective spray or gel of your choice, depending on your hair type.
- Gently divide your hair into different small portions while using a small band to hold them in place.
- Plug your flat iron straightener and adjust the temperature depending on your hair type. If you have a thick or coarse curl, you can use 350-400 degrees of heat, or if your curl is mildly thick, you can use 300-350 degrees.
- Gently run your hair through the iron and alert to any burnt smell. Immediately your hair starts to sizzle or smell burnt; stop and allow the iron to cool off or use the heat to straighten another portion.
- When you are done straightening all the portions, apply good hair cream or serum to protect the tips of your long straight hair from adding shine.
Straightening your hair curly is also a good method of protecting your curly hair weave. If you are straightening out your curls, ensure you carefully follow the steps mentioned above, and your straightened hair is good to go.